Re: Closing some 8.4 open items

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Дата
Re: Closing some 8.4 open items  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 08:52:31AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
> <gj@pointblue.com.pl> wrote:
> >> Aggregate functions are stored in pg_aggregate. And they are
> >> combinations of plain function which is stored in pg_proc.
> > Maybe trigger functions should be displayed separately too than ?
>
> We're up to at least four different categories of functions that
> people think might require special treatment: window, trigger, I/O,
> everything else.

The current psql has \da and \df, the latter of which now includes I/O
functions.  I contend that windowing functions are different enough
that they require a separate category.

You do bring up an interesting point for 8.5 or later, which would be
a complete redo of psql from the ground up.  Let's hash out a proposal
for that in a separate thread once we get 8.4 out the door :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Сообщение: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items