Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Дата
Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt  (Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>)
Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Friday 10 April 2009 08:39:33 Martin Pitt wrote:
> Tom Lane [2009-04-10  1:15 -0400]:
> > Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> writesyuqhom#3:
> > > The test suite detected one regression in libpq, though: Setting
> > > $PGHOST now complains about a missing root.crt, although this is only
> > > relevant on the server side (or did I misunderstood this?)
> >
> > No, that's a progression: the client wants to validate the server's
> > cert, too.
>
> Indeed it is nice to see this feature (great to prevent spoofing), but
> if I don't have a ~/.postgresql/root.crt at all, it shouldn't
> certainly break completely? (which it does now).

I assume the server has the snakeoil certificate installed?  In that case, it
is correct that the client refuses to proceed, although the exact manner of
breaking could perhaps be improved.