Re: recovery after segmentation fault

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: recovery after segmentation fault
Дата
Re: recovery after segmentation fault  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 05:24:08PM +0200, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> How on Debian?
> Debian does all it's automagic stuff in init. I never learned how to
> start pg manually.

What might be easier is turning on core dumps (ulimit -S -c unlimited)
and then start postgres and see if it drops a core dump, which you can
then feed to gdb.

All the binaries are in /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/ (Debian supports
parallel installs of multiple versions of postgres).

> What if I just don't care about recovery of *one* DB (that is maybe
> the culprit) and just see the server restart then just do a restore
> from a VERY recent backup?
>
> Is there a way to just kill recovery for one DB? Just don't start it
> at all?

Unfortunatly, the XLOG is shared betweens all databases on one cluster.

> This is the same DB having problem with recreation of gin index
> BTW... and I've the feeling that the problem is related to that
> index once more... I was vacuuming full, I aborted...
>
> I think the DB is trying to recreate the index but due to some
> problem (can I say bug or is it too early?) it segfaults.

Interesting, hope you can get a good backtrace.

Have a nice day,

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?
Сообщение: Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?