Re: [HACKERS] string_to_array with empty input

От Leif B. Kristensen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] string_to_array with empty input
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 2. April 2009, Steve Crawford wrote:
>Currently string_to_array(null, ',') yields a null result -
>indistinguishable from string_to_array('',','). Wrapping in coalesce
>does not help distinguish true null input from empty-string input. I'm
>not sure at the moment what other cases exist where non-null input
>generates null output.

Somehow this reminds me of the old "division by zero" problem.

IMO, the proper way to handle this kind of anomaly would be to test if
the length of the string is non-zero before submitting it to the
string_to_array() function.
Me And My Database: http://solumslekt.org/blog/