Re: running two servers on one machine

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: running two servers on one machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 29 March 2009 7:59:19 pm Eric Smith wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> When I start the servers, I use different ports via the -p option.  Is
> that equivalent to using different listener ports in postgresql.conf?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

I think you are going to have to show us the exact command you are using. If you
are using postgres -p then that is the port switch. If you are doing pg_ctl -p
then p designates the path to the executable. See below for more details:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/reference-server.html

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net