Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns
Дата
Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns
Список pgsql-hackers
higepon wrote:
> Hi.
> I found a TODO item "Add dumping of comments on index columns and
> composite type columns" for pg_dump
> and want to write a patch for it.
>
> But I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly.
> Does "Add dumping of comments on index columns" mean that
> pg_dump should dump out COMMENT statements like following?
>
>  COMMENT ON COLUMN some_index.index_column1 IS 'Hello column1';
>
> Can anybody give me some advice on this?

Wow, I have no idea what that means.  I am wondering if we should just
remove this TODO item.  We don't even support comments on indexed
columns, so why would pg_dump need to dump it?

The full text is:
Add dumping of comments on index columns and composite type columns

Do we support comments on composite types?

This item first appeared on the TODO list in Postgres 8.0.

http://enterprisedb.com