Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Дата
Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris escribió:

> I first encountered it while working on database links from PG to Oracle at
> EnterpriseDB, and the reason Tomasz couldn't find the answer to this online
> is because it's such a rare problem that Oracle has no reason to change it.
> Really, how many people have parenthesis in their program names?  Similarly,
> the problem has always existed when connecting to Oracle from Postgres using
> DBI-Link or the oralink contrib module, there's just so few PG people
> connecting to Oracle that it hasn't really come up before.

I have seen a bunch of reports of people not being able to connect to
Oracle via DBI-Link on the spanish list, so this definitely has bitten
some people.  I'm not sure that it's all that rare.

> As for alternate solutions, the only thing I can think of is a config
> parameter to disable rewrite of the ps line.

We already have one; it's called update_process_title.

Maybe DBI-Link could set the title to something else before attempting
the connection. (And perhaps locally set update_process_title to off.)

Сообщение: Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Сообщение: Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.