BUG #4706: Cannot change data directory path

От Norbert Neubauer
Тема BUG #4706: Cannot change data directory path
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4706
Logged by:          Norbert Neubauer
Email address:      norbertn@post.pl
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.6-2
Operating system:   Windows XP PRO
Details:

Today I reinstalled my computer I use for software development. I installed
latest PostgreSQL for windows (from postgresql-8.3.6-2.zip). I decided that
I want to move postgresql data folder to different drive than C.

What I found.
1. I can change data folder during postgres install, but if D drive was
chosen, the postgres would not start

2. Installed with default settings and when I used installer to modify the
installation settings (in order to change the data directory location) the
setup failed with the following error:
"The installer has encountered an unexpected error ... the error code is
2864".

3. If I change the data folder location to d: via regedit and want to start
postgres I got the following error in event viewer:

2009-03-15 13:08:21 GMT FATAL:  data directory "D:/PGSQLData" does not
exist

And I tried all the combinations I could think of, which is:
d:\PGSQLData\
d:\\PGSQLData\\
d:\PGSQLData
d:\\PGSQLData