Re: open up firewall from "anywhere" to postgres ports?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: open up firewall from "anywhere" to postgres ports?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 07 March 2009 1:27:02 pm Willy-Bas Loos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a very basic issue that i'd like to discuss
> I have just recieved a newly installed database server.
> I'm wondering if i should open up the ports to my two clusters 5432
> and 5433 from "Anywhere"?
> As an alternative, i could add each ip address both in the firewall
> and the pg_hba.conf.
>
> I feel that it's a stupid question, since there is pg_hba, which
> already does this work.
> Yet all the people that i know, do it in the firewall AND the pg_hba.conf.
>
> Is there any potential danger in opening up the firewall for those ports??
>
> cheers,
>
> WBL
>
> --

I may be misunderstanding but if you don't allow access to ports 5432 and 5433
in the firewall the packets will never get to the point that the rules in
pg_hba.conf apply. Also are you running two instances of Postgres listening on
different ports? Just trying to figure where the 5433 comes from.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net