Re: Driver crashing on many temporary tables?

От Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de
Тема Re: Driver crashing on many temporary tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello Hiroshi Inoue,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

> > we have a problem with psqlODBC v8.2.300 (maybe some older releases as
> well) and above - up to v8.3.400.
> > Some large operations/transactions can cause the driver to crash -
> obviously depends on the size of the db as well though.
>  > It seems to happen on the same query on the same client - but
> different from the other clients/servers/days.
>  > Operations on temporary tables seem to be involved every time. We
> store search results in dynamically generated temporary
>  > tables and the problematic operations create(d) MANY of them in
> recursive functions. We restored the test dbs from the same
>  > backup.
> > The servers (e.g. Windows v8.3.6 and Linux v8.3.5) don't crash though.
> > Remarkably older versions like v8.0.01.01 have been reported to now show
> this problem with the same db. I did check the
>  > psqlODBC's release notes but I have no idea which change could
> indirectly be resonsible.
> > I activated Mylog and Comlog in the system-DSN. The Uncompressed Mylog
> got pretty large (over 2,5 GB) so is there a way
>  > to change the standard paths for these logs?
> > It seems that Mylog uses quite a few resources as well - e.g. I had to
> increase max_locks_per_transaction considerably from normal. Otherwise our
> application would hang in transaction.
> > The compressed log-Files are still over 250 MB - so I didn't attach
> them.
>
> Hmm I'm not sure I can find something from such a big file.

Well - It might just be a flaw in our code/design that is eating resources away unnecessarily. It's just strange that
it'sthe driver and not the server crashing and that older versions of psqlODBC seem to work fine.

> BTW how big is the size of Commlog file?

The Commlog is about 70 MB. I'll do another run with psqlodbc-08_00_0101 myself to make sure that this version really
doesnot crash on this db. I noticed that quite a few cursors are declared with hold (but also released) during the run
ofthe problematic application. The encoding of the data bases is LATIN1. Yesterday I detected lines with characters not
definedin LATIN1 in the dump. I'll check on this as well.

> Anyway could you put them somewhere where I can dounload it?

I've asked our admins to set up an account on our ftp server for you. I'll send the login information to your private
emailaddress as soon as I get it or do you maybe have a ftp server where I can upload the logs? If psqlodbc-08_00_0101
isnot crashing should I try to let the run be logged in Mylog and Comlog?

Thank you very much,

Peter