Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Adriano Lange <adriano@c3sl.ufpr.br> wrote:

> The patch attached is an implementation for graph generation of data
> structures in postgres. The file debuggraph.c is a simple library that
> generate graphs in the format supported by graphviz.

It's interesting, but I don't think it is suitable for a core feature.
Could you split the patch into a core-patch and an extension module?
The extension module would be put in contrib or in a pgFoundry project.
XML might be good for communications between the core and the module;
XML-explain was ongoingly discussed, but had not been completed yet.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center