Re: Import: empty string and expression

От Quan Zongliang
Тема Re: Import: empty string and expression
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
> Have a set  of radio buttons and a textbox perhaps:
> NULL AS:  NULL  O   empty string O    constant   O    [                ]
> NULL AS:  NULL  O    constant   O    [                ]
My plan is the user can set this option for every column.
Because different column has different set(nullable or not) and different type.

> I wouldn't bother with ERROR for any type - let the server detect
> errors and reject data accordingly.
With COPY command, it stops operation at the first error.
Maybe the user don't want this. Especially when they want to import a huge size file.

> I wouldn't worry about those yet. Let's learn to walk first, and fly later :-)
Yes, I think so, too.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Server Status window work
От: Quan Zongliang
Сообщение: Re: Import: empty string and expression