Re: Creating a function with single quotes

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Creating a function with single quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Friday 20 February 2009 6:29:43 am Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> On Friday 20. February 2009, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> >Actually you need both semicolons. One after the RETURN statement and
> > one after the END statement
> >See below for full details:
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/plpgsql-structure.html
>
> I see the documentation, but empirically you don't need the semicolon
> after the END.
>
> About twenty years ago I wrote a lot of Turbo Pascal code, and IIRC
> semicolon after an END was allowed but considered bad style.

Learned something new. I went and reread the docs and found:

"Each declaration and each statement within a block is terminated by a
semicolon. A block that appears within another block must have a semicolon
after END, as shown above; however the final END that concludes a function body
does not require a semicolon."

I have always seen them terminated with a semicolon and did that assuming thing.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: