Re: autovacuum not honoring pg_autovacuum in 8.3.5?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: autovacuum not honoring pg_autovacuum in 8.3.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 16 February 2009 11:20:11 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Thanks for the work around, but that is ridiculous. I still say this is
> > a bug.
>
> Yes, which is why we fixed it on 8.4 by dropping pg_autovacuum.  (As
> Jaime and Tom say, it's actually pilot error, but the UI is crap so we
> fixed it.)

A little confused by this...

robert=# select version();                                              version

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL
8.4develon i386-pc-solaris2.10, compiled by cc: Sun C 5.9

SunOS_i386 2007/05/03, 32-bit
(1 row)

robert=# \d pg_catalog.pg_autovacuum
Did not find any relation named "pg_catalog.pg_autovacuum".
robert=# \dtS+ pg_catalog.pg_autovacuum                         List of relations  Schema   |     Name      | Type  |
Owner |  Size   | Description

bytes|

(1 row)

I think this build is a couple weeks old, but is the pg_autovacuum table
really gone in 8.4, or just deprecated?

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net