Re: pg_migrator and handling dropped columns

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_migrator and handling dropped columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I can think of three possible solutions, all involve recreating and
> > dropping the dropped column in the new schema:
>
> (4) add a switch to pg_dump to include dropped columns in its
> schema output and then drop them.  This seems far more maintainable
> than writing separate code that tries to parse the output.

That would certainly be the easiest.  I was going to have trouble
generating the exact column creation string anyway in pg_migrator.

I assume I would also drop the column in the pg_dump output.

Is this acceptable to everyone?  We could name the option
-u/--upgrade-compatible.

http://enterprisedb.com