Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Or to put it another way: it seems to me that the use-case being argued
> here is really for being able to adjust the default toast reloptions.
> Not to have action at a distance on a table that doesn't exist and you
> have no way to know when you set the option what will be in it when it
> does exist.

This argument makes perfect sense to me.

Since we don't have a way to set default reloptions for main tables
either, I don't think we should be pushing very hard for having one to
set default reloptions for toast tables.

Even if we were to argue that we should have both, it doesn't seem
material for 8.4.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,