Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> I tend to think this isn't a very good idea.  It's difficult for
>>> applications to know whether a toast table will be created or not.
>>> They should be able to just set the toast options and not worry.
>>
>> The problem is where do we store the options?
>
> How about in the reloptions of the main relation?

Yes, perhaps that could be made to work.

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,