Re: HotStandby vs. flatfile updates

От Gianni Ciolli
Тема Re: HotStandby vs. flatfile updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Bernd,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:49:24PM +0100, Bernd Helmle wrote:
> I'm currently facing with a strange behavior during HotStandby Testing.
> That's what i'm actually doing:

it seems that this was a known bug ("snapshot bug"), which as noted in
 http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby#Resolved_Items.2FIssues

was fixed in version 9h. We actually checked that this particular bug
had been fixed, using the test whose "summary" you can find below.

Probably you are running an old version: it's not your fault, since in
the same page I can read that 9g is the last published version (I know
that Simon is having some difficulties with git).

Thank you for testing,
Dr. Gianni Ciolli - 2ndQuadrant Italia
gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it | www.2ndquadrant.it

---8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<---

STANDBY:

try to connect to database "foo" (fails)

PRIMARY:

create database foo

STANDBY:

wait for propagation, then connect to database foo, and issue a simple
query;

PRIMARY;

drop database foo

STANDBY:

wait for propagation, then try connect to database foo (fails)