Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:

> 2. psql's \d+ doesn't show toast storage parameters.
>
> Neither \d+ for base tables nor toast relations show toast.* parameters
> though there are some values in pg_class.reloptions.
> I think we should show toast.* parameters in \d+ for base tables
> because it has consistency; we set them at ALTER TABLE for base tables.

This patch seems to fix this problem.

Note that it introduces a LEFT JOIN on pg_class to itself that's always
present, even for server versions that do not support reloptions.  I'm
not sure that this is a problem; I can't measure any difference on \d
with and without the patch on a test database with 1000 tables.

Вложения