Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:

> I tested this changes and found two issues:
>
> 1. fillfactor.* options are silently ignored when the table doesn't have
>    toast relation. Should we notice the behabior to users?
>    ex. NOTICE: toast storage parameters are ignored
>                because the table doesn't have toast relations.

You mean "toast.* options"?  If so, yes, they are silently ignored.
Maybe issuing a warning is not a bad idea.  Care to propose a patch?

> 2. psql's \d+ doesn't show toast storage parameters.
>
> Neither \d+ for base tables nor toast relations show toast.* parameters
> though there are some values in pg_class.reloptions.

Yeah, this is a bug in psql.  I neglected to update \d+ when I committed
the namespace patch.  I'll investigate.