Re: Vacuums taking forever :(

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Vacuums taking forever :(
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 08:46:37PM +0800, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> The autovacuum was clearly not enough, so we also have a crontab that
> vacuums the tables every hour. This is PG 8.2.9.

How did you determine this?  What was it not enough for?  Which
tables?  Why didn't you tune autovacuum differently?

I think the cron jobs are your problem.

> These cron jobs are taking over 35 minutes for a vacuum! What's the
> use of a vacuum if it takes that long, and the DB performance is
> tragic in the meantime?

VACUUM uses disk bandwidth.  I suspect you are causing part of your
problem.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Сообщение: Re: Vacuums taking forever :(
Сообщение: Re: Vacuums taking forever :(