Re: LIMIT NULL

От Rick Vernam
Тема Re: LIMIT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 03 February 2009 10:42:30 am David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2009, at 8:40 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > We have one page per main SQL verb (e.g. SELECT or CREATE TABLE). I
> > don't think we want to break it up more than that. One page for each
> > clause would be a nightmare to maintain.
>
> Then should the LIMIT/OFFSET page go away?
>
> Best,
>
> David

I agree that it's confusing when one piece of LIMIT documentation is not with
the rest.

If looking for information about limits, I would go here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/queries-limit.html
and consider it to be an authoritative source.
If somebody told me something about LIMIT that was not on that page, I'd say
to them to go back and double check the docs...