Re: urgent request : PSQLException: FATAL: could not open relation XXX: No such file or directory

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: urgent request : PSQLException: FATAL: could not open relation XXX: No such file or directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I copied back to list as your chances of getting an answer are greater.

On Sunday 01 February 2009 10:15:04 pm you wrote:
> The Postgres version is PostgreSQL version 8.3.4.
> OS type - Windows XP Proffesional Version 2002
> Our application is a client server Java application which collects data
> from the db and send to Platform to be shown to the user.
> Only our application is touching Postgresdb.
>
> The application was running smoothly.. But at some point of time the
> db(postgres service) stopped and Platform stopped receiving data from db.
> While checking on the problem we found this exception in the server logs.
>

> Warm regards,
> Preethi K Valsalan, Team Lead
> Sphere Networks FZCo. P.O.Box 341010, Dubai UAE
> Tel: (+9714) 501-5863   Fax: (+9714) 501-5872
> preethi.valsalan@sphere.ae
> www.sphere.ae

Some more questions:
Was does Postgres logging show about the shutdown?
What does the XP logging show?
Files in the data folder map to objects in the database, is it possible some
code in the application deleted objects?
Is there a Anti-Virus program running on this machine?
Do you know which files disappeared?

As to recovery, do you have a backup?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Сообщение: Re: Fulltext search configuration
Сообщение: Re: Fulltext search configuration