Re: Pet Peeves?

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Pet Peeves?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 01:16:17PM +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
> So, what do people say? Is Postgres perfect in your world or does it
> do some things which rub you the wrong way?

 * "anonymous records" are a tad annoying to use
   SELECT (1,2,3) ORDER BY 1;
   SELECT ARRAY[(1,2,3)];
   SELECT MIN((1,2,3));
     or maybe this is more obvious:
     SELECT MIN(x) FROM (VALUES (1,2,3)) x;

 * VALUES assumes it's returning a tuple, making the following too verbose:

     SELECT * FROM (VALUES (1),(2),(3),(4)) x;

 * Arrays of arrays don't work; we only get multi-dimensional arrays.

   as a sub-point, the semantics of multi-dimensional arrays are too
   complicated and it would be nice if at least the arity of the array
   was included in its type

 --
   Sam  http://samason.me.uk/