Re: 8.4 release planning

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: 8.4 release planning
Дата
Re: 8.4 release planning  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: 8.4 release planning  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Re: 8.4 release planning  (KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Gregory Stark (stark@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> It does seem weird to simply omit records rather than throw an error and
> require the user to use a where clause, even if it's something like WHERE
> pg_accessible(tab).

It is weird from an SQL perspective, I agree with you there.  On the
other hand, it's what the security community is looking for, and is
what's implemented by other databases (Oracle, SQL Server...) that
do row-level security and security labels.  Requiring a where clause
or you throw an error would certainly make porting applications that
depend on that mechanism somewhat difficult, and doesn't really seem
like it'd gain you all that much...
Stephen