Re: Column-Level Privileges

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Column-Level Privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 07:03:45PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> BTW, something else I'd meant to bring up for discussion is whether
> anyone likes the formatting of column privileges in \dp:
>
> regression=# create table foo(bar int, baz int);
> CREATE TABLE
> regression=# grant select on foo to joe;
> GRANT
> regression=# grant insert(bar), update(baz) on foo to joe;
> GRANT
> regression=# \dp foo
>                               Access privileges
>  Schema | Name | Type  |     Access privileges     | Column access privileges
> --------+------+-------+---------------------------+--------------------------
>  public | foo  | table | postgres=arwdDxt/postgres | bar:
>                        : joe=r/postgres            :   joe=a/postgres
>                                                    : baz:
>                                                    :   joe=w/postgres
> (1 row)
>
> (The colons after the column names are something I added on my own
> authority to Stephen's original.)
>
> This seems a bit ASCII-art-ish to me; it certainly wouldn't be
> readily parsable by programs.  Now that's not really the design goal
> for \d output, and I don't have a better suggestion offhand, but
> still...  anyone got a better idea?

Apart from enclosing braces and commas in between, it looks like JSON.
Maybe adding those in would help :)

regression=# \dp foo                             Access privilegesSchema | Name | Type  |     Access privileges     |
Columnaccess privileges

postgres=arwdDxt/postgres| {                      : joe=r/postgres            : bar:
             :   joe=a/postgres,                                                  : baz:
                  :   joe=w/postgres                                                  : }

(1 row)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!