Re: is 8.4 array_agg() supposed to work with array values?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: is 8.4 array_agg() supposed to work with array values?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 20 January 2009 18:09:51 Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On 1/20/09, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> >  integer[] is "array of integer", in the way C deals with arrays.  This
> > is also a main reason why composite types and arrays don't mix
> > orthogonally; there is no way to represent that in the system catalogs.
>
> What do you mean by this exactly?  We've had arrays of composite types
> since 8.2.

Yeah, the simple cases work.  I meant it more in a general sense of structured
and arbitrarily composed types.  I'm also interested in multiset support, for
example.  Under the current arrangement, you couldn't really have array of
multiset of array of something.