Re: libpq WSACleanup is not needed

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: libpq WSACleanup is not needed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Chernow wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > We could have gone with a more elegant init/uninit solution but there is
> > a history of slow upstream adoption of libpq API changes.
> >

> If that's the case, adding a connectdb option seems like a good
> alternative.  Orignally suggested here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-01/msg01358.php

Right, well the big question is how many people are going to use the
connection option vs. doing it for everyone automatically.

One possible approach might be to do it automatically, and allow a
connection option to disable the WSACleanup() call.

Actually, right now, if you have two libpq connections, and close one,
does WSACleanup() get called, and does it affect the existing
connection?

http://enterprisedb.com