Re: executing a sql script

От johnf
Тема Re: executing a sql script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 17 January 2009 07:14:06 am Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 10:09:06 pm johnf wrote:
> > I'm using python and can execute standard
> > "select,update,delete,functions". What I'd like to do is execute a sql
> > script (a text file).  But I don't know how?
> > Some thing like:
> >  import psycopg2
> >  import psycopg2.extensions
> >         conn = psycopg2.connect("host=%s dbname=%s user =%s  password
> > =%s "
> > %(self.pgSqlHostID.Value,self.pgSqlDatabaseID.Value,self.pgSqlUserID.Valu
> >e, self.msSqlPasswordID.Value))
> >
> > conn.set_isolation_level(psycopg2.extensions.ISOLATION_LEVEL_AUTOCOMMIT)
> >         tempCursor= conn.cursor()
> >         try:
> >             tempCursor.execute("run script %s " % FileNameScript)
> >             tempCursor.execute('commit')
> > --
> > John Fabiani
>
> I don't know how complicated the script files are, but two methods come to
> mind. The first is to use open() to read the file and parse the lines to
> the execute() method. The second would be to use os.system() to do psql -d
> db -U user -f FileNameScript.
>
> --
> Adrian Klaver
> aklaver@comcast.net
I can't use the second suggestion. But I have considered the first.  The
script is not complex just long.  About 178 create tables along with index
info.  I was hoping there was something I was missing.

--
John Fabiani

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: executing a sql script
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11