Re: Swag for SCALE?

От Robert Bernier
Тема Re: Swag for SCALE?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

I've included a very "brief" set of instructions below of how to installing pg-livePEN, which is available at http://pg-live.info, on a USB-key.

Please contact me if you have any issues installing the image to the key.

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 13:02:28 Josh Berkus wrote:

> We're going to have a booth & BOF at Southern CA. Linux Expo Feb 21-22.

> Can someone test & try the various PGSQL disk images on USB keys to see

> which one is suitable?

- mount the stick and copy the image over to a FAT16 partition, which should be the primary one and set as bootable too as for example:

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt

cp -rf pg-live-image /mnt/

- unmount and execute the following command (assumes requisite system tools "apt-get install syslinux mtools"):

syslinux -f /dev/sdb1

lilo -M /dev/sdb

Robert