Re: Indexing columns with low cardinality: persistent bitmap indexes?

От Reg Me Please
Тема Re: Indexing columns with low cardinality: persistent bitmap indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 12 January 2009 21:38:02 Bruno Lavoie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a column with a small number of distinct values, indexing this
> one with a standard BTree is useless. How do I  can index this column
> efficiently? I searched and it seems that pg doesn't support the
> creation of persistent bitmap indexes... Is that feature planned in next
> releases of pg?
>
> Thanks
> Bruno Lavoie

I would try partial indexes, as many as the distinct values.
I'm not sure this would help, though.

--
Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band
weisse Streifen, grüner Rand

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Indexing columns with low cardinality: persistent bitmap indexes?
Сообщение: Re: Indexing columns with low cardinality: persistent bitmap indexes?