Re: BUG #4601: Data saving and opening problem

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Re: BUG #4601: Data saving and opening problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 07:25:56AM +0000, V KUMAR wrote:
> we are experiencing the following error intermittenly in saving and openi=
ng
> the data.
>=20
>   While saving:
>=20
>       Database error:     Error in saving the FMB MAP(Tippan). An I/O err=
or
> occured  while  sending to the backend.
>=20
>=20
>   While opening:
>=20
>              Database error: Error opening FMB Map of 2808060345. An I/O
> error occured   while sending to the backend.
>=20
>=20
> If we delete the record '2808060345', it shows error in another record and
> goes on. The database was working perfectly earlier.

Does this error come from PostgreSQL, or rather from some application that
uses PostgreSQL? I ask because it isn't an error message I'm familiar with
(not that I'm an expert :). If it's from another application, we'll need so=
me
data directly from PostgreSQL (e.g. logs) to determine 1) whether the probl=
em
is really PostgreSQL's fault, and 2) if (1) is true, what to do about it.

- Josh / eggyknap