Re: QuickLZ compression algorithm (Re: Inclusion in the PostgreSQL backend for toasting rows)

От Stephen R. van den Berg
Тема Re: QuickLZ compression algorithm (Re: Inclusion in the PostgreSQL backend for toasting rows)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
A.M. wrote:
>On Jan 5, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>>Upon reading the DFSG, it seems you have a point...
>>However...
>>QuickLZ is dual licensed:
>>a. Royalty-free-perpetuous-use as part of the PostgreSQL backend or
>>  any derived works of PostgreSQL which link in *at least* 50% of the
>>  original PostgreSQL codebase.

>How does one even define "50% of the original PostgreSQL codebase"?
>What nonsense.

It's a suggested (but by no means definitive) technical translation of
the legalese term "substantial".  Substitute with something better, by all
means.
--
Sincerely,          Stephen R. van den Berg.

"Well, if we're going to make a party of it, let's nibble Nobby's nuts!"

Сообщение: Re: QuickLZ compression algorithm (Re: Inclusion in the PostgreSQL backend for toasting rows)
Сообщение: Re: QuickLZ compression algorithm (Re: Inclusion in the PostgreSQL backend for toasting rows)