Re: generic reloptions improvement

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: generic reloptions improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> If it is provided for v8.4, I'm happy at least.
> The Row-level ACLs need its reloption to specify default ACLs in string
> expression. Currently, it modifies "reloptions.c", but using it on common
> framework will be more appropriate implementation.

Modified to add a string type.

Note that the real difficulty is what to do with the string in
default_reloptions (or the amoptions routine).  I see that your patch
has already dealt with that, so it should be pretty easy for you; for
any reloption that wants to be stored in rel->rd_options, it will be
considerably more difficult (due to memory allocation).

Some notes about this patch:

- the string type handling (basically all the new code) is untested.
I'll have a look tomorrow at the btree test code I sent the other day to
add a string option and see how it goes.

- I have added some macros to deal with options in the most common
scenario, which is that they get stored in a predefined struct.  This
hides part of the complexity in writing an amoptions routine.

- there's no way to define custom reloptions as requested by Simon.  I
don't have any ideas on how to do that at this time.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Significantly larger toast tables on 8.4?
Сообщение: Re: Significantly larger toast tables on 8.4?