Re: About CMake (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Append major version number and for libraries soname major)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: About CMake (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Append major version number and for libraries soname major)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris escribió:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > But of course those are just as straightforward in autoconf.  It's
> > the not-straightforward stuff that's going to be a PITA to translate.
>
> As much as I dislike autotools, I really despise CMake; it's a nasty
> piece of work and I hope we don't switch to it.  Though, as I must've
> missed it, what's the main complaint with the current build system?

The fact that we have to have a mostly parallel build system for MSVC.
Anything beyond the most trivial changes must be manually patched there
too, which is annoying and breaks the MSVC build frequently.