Re: [PGSQL 8.3.5] How to handle FKs with partitioning?

От Reg Me Please
Тема Re: [PGSQL 8.3.5] How to handle FKs with partitioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
My idea is that DRI will help during the the JOINs I'll need to make later.

Creating a trigger to check the consistence would not help for that case,
unless my idea is wrong. In which case I'd follow the great Merlin's hint.

So the question is now: do DRI impact on JOINs efficiency? What'd be the gain?

The table in question should easily go 20+M rows, possibly up to 50+M a year.
The partitioning would ensure about 2M rows per partition and the trigger
should work accordingly to this (dynamic) schema.
So, along with the loss of efficiency due to the trigger I also would get some
other loss because of an external table needed for the partitioning.

--
Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band
weisse Streifen, grüner Rand