[PGSQL 8.3.5] How to handle FKs with partitioning?

От Reg Me Please
Тема [PGSQL 8.3.5] How to handle FKs with partitioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all.

I need to implement something very similar to temporal table partitioning as
described in the documentation at chapter 5.9.

My issues come from the fact that I have other tables that references (FKs) to
the table(s) to be partitioned. Those references are enforced by means of DRI
statements (REFERENCES ...).

As the table containing the referenced data will not be a single table, will I
be forced to drop DRI?
The referencing table(s) don't need to be partitioned, though and have also
other FKs to other tables.

Is there any other solution as I would keep DRI?

Thanks in advance.

--
Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band
weisse Streifen, grüner Rand