Re: PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:

> AFAICT, the idea of this patch is to make shared libraries that
> automatically install in $libdir/plugins/ rather than $libdir/.
>
> This is actually in direct contradiction to the original intent of the
> plugins/ subdirectory, which was that it only contain libraries that the
> local administrator had decided to consider safe and put there manually.

I think this is fantasy -- the plpgsql debugger already has a makefile
that writes the files directly to the plugins subdir.  The admin does
not have to know what's happening, or take any concious decision about
it.  He just installs the module (or worse: he just has the module
installed automatically by the "one-click installer").

The only thing this patch does is enable the MSVC build to do it as
easily as the Make-based installation.  I don't see the security problem
as this patch's fault.