Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:58:11PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 16:47 -0600, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>
> > I think having your index survive a server power outage or other
> > crash is a very good thing. Rebuilding a hash index for the case
> > for which it is preferred (large, large tables) would be excrutiating.
>
> Completely agree.
>
> We may be outta time to make it happen.

I agree. I was working on adding the WAL and ran up against the
deadline. A rushed hash WAL implementation would be worse than the
other alternatives. I plan on picking it back up after 8.4 is out
the door.

Regards,
Ken

Сообщение: Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs
Сообщение: Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs