Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs
Дата
Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs  ("Jaime Casanova" <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 05:42:41PM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Hot Standby won't work with hash indexes because they are
> > non-recoverable.
> >
> > We have a number of ways of dealing with this:
> >

> i don't see a reason for inventing the wheel, we don't have wal for
> hash indexes because makes those more slow without any benefit at
> all... now there will be one...
>
> --
> Atentamente,
> Jaime Casanova
> Soporte y capacitaci?n de PostgreSQL
> Asesor?a y desarrollo de sistemas
> Guayaquil - Ecuador
> Cel. +59387171157

I think having your index survive a server power outage or other
crash is a very good thing. Rebuilding a hash index for the case
for which it is preferred (large, large tables) would be excrutiating.

Ken