Re: Need help to dynamically access to colomns in function!

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Need help to dynamically access to colomns in function!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:37:17PM +0300, Иван Марков wrote:
> Hello. I have table classif with columns:
> ... , group1, group2, group3, ... , group48, ...

That's a very poor design because it's both denormalized and has very
poor naming.  There are likely plenty of other things wrong with it,
too.  Check http://thedailywtf.com/ for systems similar to yours.  I
suspect it won't take long to find some.

> In function i do query and want run on every row and dynamically
> operate on columns from group1 to group20. I do something like this:

Nothing will really help until you fix your design, and dynamic
querying will only lead you further down this rat-hole.

The answer to, "how do I shoot myself in the foot?" is "Don't."

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!