Re: Isolating a record column from a PL-Pgsql function call ?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Isolating a record column from a PL-Pgsql function call ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gauthier, Dave <dave.gauthier@intel.com> schrieb:

> Hi:
>

> I have a PL-Pgsql function that returns a record of a type that have 4 elements
> (columns).  Let’s say the first element/column is called “id_num”.  Is there a
> way I can specify the id_num element of the record returned from iside a query?
>

> For example, select col1 from thetable where my_plpgsql_fn(col2).id_num = 123;

Okay, i think, i got it:

test=# create function x(in int, out a int, out b int) returns record as $$begin a:=1;b:=2;return; end; $$language
plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
Time: 0.412 ms

test=*# select 5 where 3=(select b from x(2));
 ?column?
(0 rows)

Time: 0.335 ms
test=*# select 5 where 2=(select b from x(2));
 ?column?
        5
(1 row)

Andreas