Re: planner issue with constraint exclusion

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: planner issue with constraint exclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> > "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> writes:
> > > Of the functions the only one that will use constraint_exclusion is the
> > > one that explicitly passes the date value.
> >
> > Since you haven't shown us the constraints you're talking about, or the
> > resulting plans, it's difficult for anyone to guess what's going on.
>
> I am not sure which plans I should show you as they are function plans
> thereby not very useful.

Ideally, do a 'raise notice' with the exact string you're passing to
EXECUTE, and then run an explain on that.  Constraint Exclusion
certainly does work when using explain and constants in general.  Have
you tried adding an explicit cast, ala:

EXECUTE 'SELECT l.unit_id FROM foo_stats_day lsd, foo51 l WHERE lsd.a_serv_id = l.unit_id AND lsd.a_serv_id = 1 AND day
Enjoy,
    Stephen