Re: pre-MED

От David Fetter
Тема Re: pre-MED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:37:41AM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 12:23:55PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > "Alex Hunsaker" <badalex@gmail.com> writes:
> > > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 05:16, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > which doesn't seem like it would amount to anything compared to the
> > total execution of a plan node, but we do know that ExecProcNode
> > is a hot spot in some usages.
>
> Going with the ExecProcNode modification you're proposing, how big
> would a minimal pre-MED patch be?

Tom,

I know you've been busy with lots of stuff, so here's a little
reminder.  I talked with a couple of people who know the back-end much
better than I do.  One said the above was way under-specified, and the
other said he'd started work on it, but hasn't had much time.

Since you're the one who brought this up, I think it's on you to flesh
it out at least a little bit, or at least to describe it in enough
detail that someone else could.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!