Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 13 d�c. 08 � 11:39, Peter Eisentraut a �crit :
> > On Friday 12 December 2008 20:05:57 Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Excellent.  I checked that psql's colon-variable feature behaves the
> >> same.  So it looks like the proposed "name: value" syntax would
> >> indeed
> >> not break any existing features.  Barring better ideas I think we
> >> should
> >> go with that one.
> >
> > I personally thought that AS was a better idea.
>
> It seems some people want to be able to overload some default
> parameters (but not others) and at the same time alias them to some
> new label. I'm not sure I understand it all, but it seems an example
> of it would be like:
>    SELECT xml_function(a, b: 'foo' AS bar);
>
> If this is what some people want when all the spare parts are bound
> together, we don't have the option to use AS for both the meanings.

I agree "AS" is better.  And why would the "AS" above be inside the
parentheses;  I assume it would be:
   SELECT xml_function(a, b: 'foo') AS bar;

Giving labels to parameters passed into functions makes no sense.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters