Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Дата
Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 11 December 2008 17:09:25 Tom Lane wrote:
> I think there should be only *one* underlying column and that it should
> be manipulable by either SQL commands or selinux.  Otherwise you're
> making a lie of the primary argument for having the SQL feature at all.

Well, an SQL-manipulated row security column will probably have a content like
   {joe=rw/bob,staff=r/bob}

An SELinux-aware row security column will probably have a content like
  blah_t:foo_t:quux_t

And a Solaris TX-aware security column will probably have a content like
  Classified

How can we stick all of these in the same column at the same time?