Re: Refactoring SearchSysCache + HeapTupleIsValid

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Refactoring SearchSysCache + HeapTupleIsValid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> About the error message, I find neither version to be very good.  People see
> these messages and don't know what to do.

I agree.  People see this:

ERROR: cache lookup failure for constraint 123123123

and they think it means the same as this:

ERROR: cache lookup failure for relation 456456456

The difference is subtle for people that are not -hackers regulars (I
had a case of this just yesterday); they immediately start to think
about temp tables and plpgsql functions, even with the first error
message, even when we say that we solved the underlying problem.