Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> [081211 05:25]:
> - standalone
>   The primary doesn't archive the WAL only during replication. If replication is
>   not in progress, the primary archives the WAL. That is, the primary switches
>   the modes whenever replication starts / ends.

That scares the hebegebies out of me... I'm doing sync-rep because I
*really* *want* *my* *data* .... *always* ...

I want sync-rep because I'm going to get even *stonger* guarentees on my
data (and, if hot-standby works out, load balancing too, but thats not
*my* primary desire for sync-rep)...

But I'm sure as hell *not* going to throw all my eggs into that slave's
basket and do away with my WAL archive...  Would anyone actually use
that "standby" mode, and if not, why compilcate the code for it?

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,