Re: Versioned mo file installation

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: Versioned mo file installation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,

Alvaro Herrera [2008-12-05 14:06 -0300]:
> Of course, as is it's not acceptable; the version number should be
> obtained from PG_VERSION or some such.

Right, it has actually been on my long-term wishlist to replace that
patch with an autoconfiscated one with a non-hardcoded version number.

I just didn't do it yet because it was generally rejected when I
proposed it upstream some years ago.

> I am not sure the "libpq5" versioning is best; maybe we don't change the
> API but we could certainly change error messages between versions.  I
> think we should keep it as libpq-8.3, like the rest.

Doesn't make much of a difference indeed, I just made it match the
package name. Also, libpq5 built from -8.3 is used with postgresql-8.2
as well.

Martin

Сообщение: Re: default statistics target testing (was: Simple postgresql.conf wizard)
Сообщение: Re: default statistics target testing (was: Simple postgresql.conf wizard)