Re: two postgres server seeing the same data

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: two postgres server seeing the same data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:43:24AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> You may have two servers pointed at $PGDATA but at no point can
> postgresql be running on both at the same time.

More importantly, if you do this, you will probably be able to get the
two postmasters to start up.  This will permanently corrupt the data.
I know this partly because of experience with a "failover" system
whose interlocks failed.  Two postmasters, one data area, and no
recoverable data.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca